Monday, May 7, 2012

Judge DeSalvo

I agree with Judge DeSalvo's ruling in the case. If I were him, I would have also ruled in favor of Anna and granted her medical emancipation. I feel this way because I believe that nobody has the right to make someone give up a part of their body for someone else no matter what the results will be. It should be up to the donor (in this case Anna) and the donor alone. Nobody else should really have a say. Also, it couldn't have been easy for Anna knowing that her sister was going to die in the aftermath of her decision and the fact that she still went through with the case speaks volumes about how much she wanted that emancipation. I would definitely rule in her favor. As far as Campbell and Sara are concerned, I feel as though they both thought they were doing the right thing and I think that they both did well in their own respect. Sara was doing what she felt was her duty as a mother to Kate, but I feel as though she was wrong here because she was Anna's mother as well and she was trying to force something extremely serious and potentially dangerous on Anna that she clearly felt very strongly against doing. Campbell Alexander did a good job and I think he dealt with the case very well. He kept Anna on the right track and he tried his hardest to reach the right and just verdict for Anna which he eventually achieved. I believe that he was fighting on the right side of this battle and he did a great job at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment